Sunday, 29 March 2009

Local Man Demands Time Back

London resident Mark Greenthal was outraged this morning at finding an hour had been lost on the switch-over to British Summer Time.

"Every year this happens! I give an hour of my valuable time away for no reason. I have it taken away from me - and I don't get it back until October!" complanied the database engineer to local reporters.

"The worst thing is, I never really need the hour in October. I don't have much to do around then but right now I could really do with it."

Greenthal is angry at the Greenwich Mean Time authority which he claims has taken hours away from him - without consultation - every year for as long as he can remember. Although it has been discovered that these are always eventually returned, Greenthal points out that this is always "When it suits them. And without any form of compensation for the time they've effectively borrowed from me."

Ann Richards from Greenwich Time, which organises the transition to British Summer Time said "Mr Greenthal is in fact mistaken. We in fact lend him an hour each year in October - and we don't ask for it back until the following March." She pointed out that people are often unaware of this fact and it is good to have the opportunity to correct them.

"Now you mention it, Mr Greenthal actually owes us about 7 hours 32 minutes in interest for the last few years" she added.

3 comments: